James Flynn started Extrasensory Devices in 2011 by building the Backbeater Tempo Monitoring System for drummers. ESD prioritizes hardware quality, and app science, for the working professional or prosumer.
Since 2011 Extrasensory Devices has developed several other products and completed four successful Kickstarter campaigns. Combined, these campaigns have delivered over 10,000 units to happy customers.
- Luxi ~ Incident light meter adapter for iPhone
- Luxi For All ~ Light Meter for Mobile Devices
- The Toaster - Mic-enabled Mobile DJ Audio Splitter
- PoweriSite: USB power from your cordless tool batteries
Since our start in 2011 we have received some great press. Here are just a few examples:
- Luxi review in Macworld
- Lomography interviews our Operations Manager, Jarrod Whaley about Luxi For All
- No Film School writes about using Luxi with the Cine Meter II app for color metering and cinematography
- Luxi Kickstarter featured on iMore
- Luxi Kickstarter featured on Cult of Mac
Our products are available on this site, on Amazon, and from distributors and resellers around the world:
Extrasensory Devices is developing new products and making technology more accessible to everyone through philanthropic partnerships. We sponsor many donation programs to non-profit partners on select products. Check the GIVING page to learn more about our charitable giving.
Our products are designed in California at:
805 High St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301
If you have any questions, issues, or suggestions don't hesitate to contact us and we'll get right on it.