The Backbeater Sensor is secured under your drum's tensioning rod, and connects to your iOS device.
Connector: 3.5mm 4-pin Combo Audio
Cable: 36" Shielded
Built for iOS devices, the Backbeater is an easy-to-use tempo monitoring sytem for percussionists. To use the Backbeater drum sensor you need an iOS device and
The Backbeater App has the following features
- Analog (dial), or digital readout tempo display
- 4 different tempo averaging windows
- Drift indicators, to show how much your last strike varied from your average tempo
- Built-in optional metronome, with three different sounds
- Time signature selection, for musically-correct tempo readout
- Screen-tap tempo read-out for discreet feedback without striking drum
- Improved sensitivity adjustment, to select for playing dynamics
- Access to iPod library from within app, for playing along to songs
- Metrics to log accuracy, and optionally upload to Backbeater.com leaderboard!
More information is available on the Backbeater website, Backbeater.com
If you're in the USA you also have the option to: